Towkay’s Huat Ah! Bloody Mary
- 10g Black Kampot Pepper
- 40g Red Kampot Pepper
- 200ml Vodka
- 1 litre Tomato Juice
- 200 ml lemon juice
- 4 sticks of celery
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp hot sauce(Tabasco)
For vodka infusion:
- Add all the Red and Black Kampot Peppers into a glass bottle with 200 ml of Vodka.
- Let it sit in a cool place for 4-5 days.
- The Vodka will take on a beautiful golden colour and will have a nice bouquet of herbs and flowers. This infusion will also be rather spicy from the pepperine oil. Set aside as your bloody Mary Mix.
For Bloody Mary:
- Use a juicer to extract juice from the celery sticks and lemon together.
- In a large jug/pitcher (about 2 litre capacity) combine all the tomato juice and celery/lemon juice.
- Add soy sauce and hot sauce gradually while tasting to reach your preferred blend.
- Finally, add Vodka Kampot Pepper Infusion, again add gradually to get your preferred blend.
- Store the mixture in sealable glass or PET bottles and refrigerate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Towkay Neo’s Shiok! Egg Salad
- 1 tsp Kampot Ground Pepper Blend (1/2 sachet Kalyarn)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- ½ tsp wasabi powder
- ½ stalk of spring onion or chive
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes (hardboiled).
- Let the hardboiled eggs cool and remove the shell.
- Slice the eggs into small pieces with a small knife; an egg slicer will also work here.
- Chop the spring onion finely.
- Combine the sliced eggs and spring onion (save some spring onion for garnishing).
- Gently fold the mayonnaise into the mixture while gradually adding the soy sauce and wasabi. Taste occasionally to check taste.
- Finally, add in the Ground Kampot Pepper Blend and some salt to taste. More pepper can be added on top just before serving.
Hong’s Tok Gong! Fresh Guacamole
- 2 tsp coarsely ground Kampot Red Pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 ripe avocado (mashed)
- 1 ripe and firm tomato (finely diced)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (grated or crushed)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (finely diced)
- ½ lemon or 1 lime
- Mix avocado, tomato, shallot and garlic in a bowl.
- Squeeze in the lemon or lime juice and stir to incorporate.
- Add diced eggs and stir gently.
- Add half of the Kampot Red pepper and salt.
- Use the remaining Kampot Red pepper to garnish before serving.
Ah Kong Diced Tuna
- 1/2 tbs coarsely ground Red Kampot Peppers (Tevy)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500g fresh tuna steak (in 1/2cm dice)
- 100ml olive oil
- sesame oil (to taste)
- 1 lime zest
- 2 freshly squeezed large lime
- 1/2 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 1 red chillies (finely diced)
- Place the diced tuna in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, wasabi, soy sauce, spring onions, red chillies, salt and Red Kampot Pepper.
- Pour the wet mixture over the diced tuna and mix gently. Add sesame oil gradually to taste. Be careful not to add too much sesame oil as it can be overpowering.
- Before serving, add more Red Kampot Pepper and Red Chillies as garnish.
Marilyn’s Apple, Blueberry and Kampot Pepper Tart
- 1 large fuji apple (or any kind)
- 1 lemon
- 60g blueberries
- 250g McVites digestives (ground)
- 3g finely ground White Kampot Pepper (to taste)
- 3g coarsely ground Red or Black Kampot Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbs apricot jam
- 125g salted butter
- Grind up the McVites in a blender or just crush finely in a ziplock bag, add White Kampot Pepper and stir in the melted butter. (save about 2 tbs for later use)
- Line a pie dish with baking paper and spread the mixture evenly on the pie dish and bake at 120 deg C for 15-20 minutes. Check the base regularly to make sure it does not burn. It’s done when it begins to change colour/darken.
- Leave the base to cool.
- Peel and core a large apple, halve it and cut into ½ cm slices. Dress in lemon juice to prevent apple slices from browning.
- Lay the apple slices on top of the base. Brush the remaining melted butter on the apple slices and return the tart into a 150 deg C oven for about 20 min. Remove the tart when the apple slices start to caramelise.
- While waiting, microwave the apricot jam with the blueberries (medium setting for ard 5-6 minutes) or until the blueberries have soften. Stir in ground Red/Black Kampot peppers into the warm jam mixture.
- While the tart is still hot, spread the jam mixture over the top and let it cool down.
It’s done in under 1 hour! Serve with clotted cream or your favourite cream.