Towkay’s Huat Ah! Bloody Mary
- 10g Black Kampot Pepper
- 40g Red Kampot Pepper
- 200ml Vodka
- 1 litre Tomato Juice
- 200 ml lemon juice
- 4 sticks of celery
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp hot sauce(Tabasco)
For vodka infusion:
- Add all the Red and Black Kampot Peppers into a glass bottle with 200 ml of Vodka.
- Let it sit in a cool place for 4-5 days.
- The Vodka will take on a beautiful golden colour and will have a nice bouquet of herbs and flowers. This infusion will also be rather spicy from the pepperine oil. Set aside as your bloody Mary Mix.
For Bloody Mary:
- Use a juicer to extract juice from the celery sticks and lemon together.
- In a large jug/pitcher (about 2 litre capacity) combine all the tomato juice and celery/lemon juice.
- Add soy sauce and hot sauce gradually while tasting to reach your preferred blend.
- Finally, add Vodka Kampot Pepper Infusion, again add gradually to get your preferred blend.
- Store the mixture in sealable glass or PET bottles and refrigerate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Towkay Neo’s Shiok! Egg Salad
- 1 tsp Kampot Ground Pepper Blend (1/2 sachet Kalyarn)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- ½ tsp wasabi powder
- ½ stalk of spring onion or chive
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes (hardboiled).
- Let the hardboiled eggs cool and remove the shell.
- Slice the eggs into small pieces with a small knife; an egg slicer will also work here.
- Chop the spring onion finely.
- Combine the sliced eggs and spring onion (save some spring onion for garnishing).
- Gently fold the mayonnaise into the mixture while gradually adding the soy sauce and wasabi. Taste occasionally to check taste.
- Finally, add in the Ground Kampot Pepper Blend and some salt to taste. More pepper can be added on top just before serving.
Hong’s Tok Gong! Fresh Guacamole
- 2 tsp coarsely ground Kampot Red Pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 ripe avocado (mashed)
- 1 ripe and firm tomato (finely diced)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (grated or crushed)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (finely diced)
- ½ lemon or 1 lime
- Mix avocado, tomato, shallot and garlic in a bowl.
- Squeeze in the lemon or lime juice and stir to incorporate.
- Add diced eggs and stir gently.
- Add half of the Kampot Red pepper and salt.
- Use the remaining Kampot Red pepper to garnish before serving.
Ah Kong Diced Tuna
- 1/2 tbs coarsely ground Red Kampot Peppers (Tevy)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500g fresh tuna steak (in 1/2cm dice)
- 100ml olive oil
- sesame oil (to taste)
- 1 lime zest
- 2 freshly squeezed large lime
- 1/2 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 1 red chillies (finely diced)
- Place the diced tuna in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, wasabi, soy sauce, spring onions, red chillies, salt and Red Kampot Pepper.
- Pour the wet mixture over the diced tuna and mix gently. Add sesame oil gradually to taste. Be careful not to add too much sesame oil as it can be overpowering.
- Before serving, add more Red Kampot Pepper and Red Chillies as garnish.